Most people regard Windsurfing to be the brainchild of two southern Californians, Jim Drake (sailor) and Hoyle Schweitzer (surfer), who combined their two sports into a workable, if not somewhat unusual, new hybrid sport.
Since then, windsurfing has grown into one of the world's most loved non-motorised watersports bringing together the element of wind, water and speed.
The following considerations are important when selecting Windsurfing Equipment:
- Your skill-level
- Your weight
- Area of application (Flat water, wave or both)
- Purchase from a dealer in your proximity, who can offer best advice and upgrade your board later
- Well-known brands, like Starboard, NeilPryde and JP fetch better re-sell values than unknowns
- Well-know brands, like Starboard, NeilPryde and JP offer manufacturer warranty's on equipment
- Well-known brands like Starboard, NeilPryde and JP invest heavily in R&D, use the finest of materials and have the highest quality assurance.
Try Windsurfing. It's healthy, improves your fitness, works your core muscles, burns calories like nothing else and allows for hours of fun in the waves and on flat water.