ABE DuraBond GP is a modified, single-pack acrylic emulsion which is milky in colour. Durabond is used as a primer/bonding medium for cementitious repairs to concrete elements in both internal and external applications.
• Ease of application, single component product with a long open time.
• Resistant to hydrolysis – alkali stable.
• Suitable for internal & external applications.
• One product – used as a bonding agent and curing compound.
• Bond strengths between repair mortar and concrete are excellent.
• Excellent curing properties.
• Compatible with our dura.®cote range of protective coatings.
The prepared surface is to be thoroughly saturated using clean water prior to applying dura.®bond GP. The surface saturation is generally carried out 1 to 2 hours before application but may require more depending on the substrate porosity, temperature and wind conditions. All excess free water must be removed. A saturated surface ensures ease of product spread and application, and reduces suction caused by porous substrates resulting in good bonding properties.