Backing Cord is a permanent preformed joint filler, manufactured from low density, closed-cell expanded polyethylene. It is highly flexible and compressible with excellent recovery properties and tensile strength.
• Various types of expansion joints as a backer for joint sealant or caulking materials.
• Vertical joints and elevated joints in concrete, brick, or metal construction.
• Piping in the furniture industry
• Highly flexible and compressible with excellent recovery properties, providing a permanent secondary seal behind the joint sealant.
• Fine closed cell structure
• Compatible with joint sealants such as silicone, polysulphide, polyurethane, butyl, bitumen, and acrylic sealants
• Requires no bond breaker between the cord and the sealant
• Low load transfer
• Bitumen free
• Hour-glass cross-section cell structure ensures that stresses are uniformly distributed so that maximum bonding occurs at high stress areas.
* Supplied in 100m Rolls