BARTEC is a parallel threaded mechanical splicing system for the connection of concrete reinforcing bars by means of couplers.
* Provides continuity of reinforcing bars.
* Quick installation of form work without damage thereof.
* No staggering of splice bars and eliminates bar congestion.
* No drilling and taping necessary any longer.
* No steel wastage.
* Shortens construction cycle time.
* Couplers and exposed thread are protected by plastic cap.
* Manufactured according to BS8110, UBC1997 & DIN 1045.
* Manufactured under strict ISO 9001.
* No reduction of the bar cross section area.
* Strength of coupler exceeds bar strength when under tensile load, therefor failure occurs away from the joint.
Easy connection by bar rotation until thread is fully engaged. Parallel thread: No risk of thread mis-match. No risk of cross-threading.
Even when both bars cannot be turned, the BARTEC system uses a standard BARTEC COUPLER (exactly the same as used for type A): The coupler is fully engaged onto the extended thread of the connection bar. The assembly is simply completed by butting the bars end to end and screwing back the coupler onto the first bar until it is fully engaged.
This assembly method is similar to Type B, with the addition of a lock-nut to maintain the second bar in position.
A convenient alternative to hooked bars to provide end anchorages in congested areas.
BARTEC standard anchorage heads are circular and have a net bearing area of 4 times or 9 times the cross-section of the bar, but can be specified in other shapes or dimensions to f i t t h e a p p l i c a t i o n requirement.