The HGC GRIP CONNECTOR is a simple solution for joining reinforcing bars, particularly suitable when one bar is already fixed in position. The bars are locked in the Coupler by a series of screws which shear off when tightened to the required torque. The force from the screw causes the rebar deformations to interlock within the coupler. The screws embed themselves into the rebar surface. The dual mechanical action results in a full positive connection for transferring tension or compression force from bar to bar.
• Slim socket dimensions allow smaller bar distances.
• All diameters in stock – short delivery times.
• Also permitted for dynamic loads.
• The rod ends require no pretreatment – universally applicable.
• Quick and simple connections with sheared-o screws.
• Coupling even possible with bars which can not be turned.
• mechanical coupler for concrete reinforcement bars with diameters of 8-40mm.
• 100% load transfer like continuous reinforcement bar – for tensile and compressive loads.
• Mechanical interlocking be self regulating clamping etc. inside the HGC sleave.
• Slip <0.1mm (at 300N/mm2).
• Qualified for loads not resulting from predominantly static loads.
Areas of Application:
• Reinforced concrete, general building construction and civil engineering works.
• Bridge construction.
• Pile foundations.
• Repair works – perfect for reconstruction and accidentally cit bars.
The clear spacings are based on DIN 1045-1 regulations and result from the minimum spacings required for assembly (see table below).